[Gambas-user] File Format Help

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 22:30:47 CEST 2021

On Thu, 2021-06-17 at 12:51 -0500, John Dovey wrote:
> Replying to myself again.
> I've now progressed this far. Am I on the right track?
> [...]

(Too much rain falling to sleep.)

OK, I have read that spec and I think the first thing you may have to
do is read from the "Packed Message" classifier rather than the "Stored
Message" classifier.

Packed Message is the specification defined Presentation Layer
structure. So called Fidonet "nodes" transmit and receive messages in
that structure. Stored Message is an "example" of how your local
Application could structure a message object. As the spec says
"Perfectly valid FidoNet systems may be implemented whose stored
messages differ greatly from this format."