[Gambas-user] Migrating to Gambas

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Jun 17 08:48:49 CEST 2021

Thank you very much for this, John. I've tried WSL and Gambas some time
ago, and I found that WSL is not able to access my Samba directory on
the Linux server which is shared to the Windows PC.

All the necessary data is on this share, so this was a real showstopper
to me. From the error messages I found that WSL is trying to let Windows
translate the shared ext4 directory into something Windows would know.

There is a native VB6 application on this Windows PC, and it can read
the share like any other application there.

Regards
Rolf