[Gambas-user] Installation Problem

John Dovey dovey.john at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 06:31:23 CEST 2021

Hi,
I wanted to upgrade the version of Gambas on a Linux server. It's running
Ubuntu (Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-210-generic x86_64) which I am
unable to upgrade.

I ran sudo apt remove gambas3, just to have it clean, then
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gambas3

Everything goes fine, it starts downloading the packages then the
installation aborts. Here are the last few lines:
Need to get 511 kB/63.7 MB of archives.
After this operation, 226 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Err:1 https://packages.microsoft.com/ubuntu/20.04/prod focal/main amd64
libodbc1
amd64 2.3.7
404 Not Found
Unable to correct missing packages.
E: Failed to fetch
https://packages.microsoft.com/ubuntu/20.04/prod/pool/main/u/
unixodbc/libodbc1_2.3.7_amd64.deb 404 Not Found

E: Aborting install.