[Gambas-user] Check Boxes (a bug?)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:33:39 CEST 2021

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 03:35, John Dovey <dovey.john at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for laying it out for me. For some reason I got all tongue tied.
> You describe my problem exactly.
> I see Benoit indicates that this is expected behaviour. I’ve worked
> through it twenty times and I can’t figure it out. Part of it is possibly
> my confusion over what a click event it. I made the, probably incorrect,
> assumption it would only trigger with an actual mouseclick, which is why I
> first looked for a _changed event, like in the text boxes.
> I’ll look at it again, relaxing “click” with “change” mentally and see if
> it makes more sense to me.
>
> All the best
> John

I studied your code and did notice the call to Checkbox.Value would trigger
the Click events but i could not see the code causing your error.

I do not know if Settings.class saves settings on "program close" or as
each object is destroyed during execution because not using a global
variable.
I suspect that.

But also...
To stop click events triggering try something like this...

Object.Lock(ChkAflag_CM)
 ChkAflag_CM.Value = myAflag_CM
Object.UnLock(ChkAflag_CM)

Hope that helps.