[Gambas-user] TestLocalTime (New Gambas test project )

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 14:32:17 CEST 2021

Le 08/06/2021 à 11:49, CD a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have an HTML page that displays the time using a script.
> The browser I use(Firefox) displays the local time (new Date () in
> JavaScript).
>
> Why does the Gambas WebView control not display local time but UTC?
> (http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp <http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp> :
> gb.qt5.webview <http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt5.webview> New web
> browser component based on Chromium for gb.qt5  3.16
> The same with gtk3 WebView control.
>
> If the page must be displayed in both ways:
> -in a browser
> -in a gambas app with WebView control this poses a problem.
>
> How to remedy this difference?
>
> Regards.

Here is the end of my answer:

So, no idea at the moment!

As I told you, WebView is sort of an embedded Chromium, and does what it
wants.

One should look at the javascript standard (lol) to see how it decided
to print date/times.

Maybe you are using a stupid Javascript method (there are a lot) instead
of a similar one that would do the job correctly?

--
Benoît Minisini