[Gambas-user] UDP hole punching

John Dovey dovey.john at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 06:13:17 CEST 2021

> I am attaching a demo that shows it works beautifully.

yYes it does!! Thank you, tested it and I could get two clients, each
behind their own NAT, to send and receive data via UDP.

> One more thing to pay attention to!
> Need to occasionally communicate minimally with the server, otherwise it
> may lose connection

Let me see if I understand exactly what’s happening here.

A public server is running udp01. That is always available and can be
contacted by anyone who initiates a connection.

When client A and B both connect to the server, your program connects them
together and that established the path that all further UDP traffic between
A and B will flow.

To ensure the path remains open, A and B need to contact the server once a
minute or so…

Is that essentially correct?

Now for my next question. Is it possible to do the same for tcp?

John

> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile