[Gambas-user] UnitTest Functions Show Up in AutoGenerated help

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Sat Jul 31 22:54:42 CEST 2021

"Failure is the key to success;
 each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G

----- On Jul 31, 2021, at 1:41 PM, Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com wrote:

> Le 30/07/2021 à 01:12, Brian G a écrit :
>> In a component project that includes embedded help for module/classes
>> and functions.
>> Then the help system also shows all the unit test functions as well.
>>
>> Is there some way to turn this off?
>>
>> Or will it always expose the unit test functions to the user?
>> It is a little confusing to see these functions in the help.
>>

>> "Failure is the key to success;
>>   each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
>> Brian G
>>

>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>>

> I don't know.
>
> Is it be useful to have documentation comments inside the test classes?
> If it is, then they must appear in the help tree browser.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

It is very useful during the development of the component, But completely confusing to
someone trying to use the component to develop another app.

So when a component is built, we can tell the compiler not to include test modules for production builds?
Or not show help/interface for test modules in production?