[Gambas-user] No-op command

Tobias Boege tobs at taboege.de
Sun Jul 18 19:00:03 CEST 2021

On Sun, 18 Jul 2021, Karl Reinl wrote:

> Am Montag, den 19.07.2021, 00:19 +0930 schrieb bb:
> > I need a Gambas command that does nothing, like a NOP, where I can
> > set
> > a breakpoint for debugging, any good ideas?
> >
> > tia
> > bruce
> >

> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>
> Salut,
>
> Debug "stop" or Print "stop"

In fact, there is a STOP keyword, which acts like a breakpoint.
But this is *always* a breakpoint when encountered in debug mode,
not something you can turn on or off dynamically.

Otherwise, I'd use a constant statement like

  Pi

It's short, quick, strange and reasonably easy to find for you
(but not easy to interpret for your coworkers, I guess). Unlike
Debug and Print, it does not pollute the output of your program.

Best,
Tobias