[Gambas-user] dropped files , QT lacks the path!?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 11:43:00 CEST 2021

here's a video clip of the problem..
https://youtu.be/h8CMT3dZ5Ss

i have set a function to strip the file:// away and if no file path check
/usr/share/applications $HOME/.local/share/appications and $HOME/Desktop as
this is where files have been that have had no path. but it does not seem
accurate enough for me , i'm guessing the location but my not be the right
one.

the clip shows me dropping some icons on the app and the debugger showing
the raw dropped Drag.Data before and after processing.
even with panel icons some show full path some only filename ??  annoyingly
:(
Will this be a QT bug or a gambas one?

Thanks all
BruceS