[Gambas-user] Error ODBC

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:49:59 CEST 2021

Hand do not use the gambas build in db browser.. it does not support the
ODBC .. so is a well know bug.. in fact the only full worked is the school
grade mysql, sqlite blob has issues and postgresql is 99% working as of my
fully professional deploys..

The issues with ODBC now are 3 in total: enconding, rows retrieving and
data type representation.

i was the person that repórts the most uses rare cases of DB work.. cos i
am the person that of course work more with others DB and not limited to
mysql..

ODBC are perfectly working until gambas 3.8, sqlite was workiing until 3.1,
blob has issues in 3.4 and becomes again pretty fully working in 3.9
since 3.11 ODBC are broken and unusable and gambas become not an option in
my huge deploys.. make me imposible to migrate people and systems
today was fixed at 3.16 some years after bulk of messages about the problem
in 3.11, but only limited..