[Gambas-user] Error ODBC

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:06:20 CEST 2021

El mar, 13 de jul. de 2021 a la(s) 11:21, Christof Thalhofer (
chrisml at deganius.de) escribió:

> Hi Hans,
>
> Am 13.07.21 um 14:16 schrieb Hans Lehmann:
>
> > regardless of which suggestion I implement - the result remains the
> > display of the first record.

1. for the unfortunie of ZXmarce and Benoit is a horrent bug since 3.16.1,
not happened in 3.16.0 but 3.16.0 is not displaying propeer encondiung

Can you tell the number of 'DbResult.Count'? I always use another way to
> iterate through the tuples of a result. To call 'Result.Available' seems
> to be the wrong question, because it only seems to say if tuples are
> available or not:

2. Christof, and Denis. move first cannot workj under 3.16.1+ only in 3.16.0

> "Returns True if the result object contains one or more accessible
> database rows."
>
> This should be always the case, if the Result contains tuples at all,
> even if your program iterated through all until the end of the result set.

3.  the call is valid cos  the count only work for "something" and hans are
reportig that already there's "something" so it not makes sense!

> I usually do it this way (sry i use my own naming not your's):
> >     If res.Count > 0 Then

4. Still retuns only one that is a obvious ! so your suggestion doe snot
have any sense!

> And do you really want to use odbc? odbc is a crutch that we only use

. ODBC isn gambas are available and MUST WORK if not is BROKEN that is the
CASE! so understand?