[Gambas-user] something's broken (do not know what)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:45:40 CEST 2021

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 22:13, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 13/07/2021 à 15:57, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > Right this bug fixed on LinuxMint but on Debian11 i'm getting it and i
> > cannot fix it.
> > i used your gdb command and got this text...
> >
> > I hope it means more to you than it does to me.
> >
> > bonus at debian:/mnt/SSDiskspace/git/scripted-oldgambas$ GB_GUI=gb.gtk3
> gdb
> > gbx3
>  > [...]
>
> Thanks, it is looping forever where it should, or (better) where it
> should not: searching for a default control to focus.
>
> I have no idea why I can't reproduce the problem. Maybe you didn't tell
> me exactly what you did.

I have tracked this down to a Balloon() call
as my files open is uses Balloon() to alert user if filetype not known.
also a Balloon() if user tries to save a file with no changes.

I just tried a blank test app with just Balloon("test msg", Me) after
button click and it hangs. (Deb11)

Respects
BruceS