[Gambas-user] something's broken (do not know what)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:28:29 CEST 2021

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 11:18, bb <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2021-07-13 at 10:51 +0100, Bruce Steers wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 10:24, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > while
> > > stopped

> > > In that commit, the only thing that can hang is the automatic focus
> > > on
> > > window opening. Try to check that with 'gdb'.
> > >
> > > $ cd /myproject/directory
> > > $ GB_GUI=gb.gtk3 gdb gbx3
> > > (gdb) run
> > > ^C
> > > (gdb) bt
> >
> > (cheers Ben i will make note of those commands for next time)
> >
> > As for this problem I've fixed it.
> > Not sure what it was but when you said you wasn't getting the problem
> > i decided to fully install master branch (from ./reconf-all)
> > The bug did not exist on master. (phew)
> > so then i did just a make install on my tweaked version.
> > still bug was gone. (phew)
> > then i did a full instal from ./reconf-all on my version and bug is
> > still gone. (dumbfounded but still phew)
> >
> > Sorry to waste anyone's time on this.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > BruceS
> >
> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>
> ~"Ah Glasshopper, you must rearn to hole tounge in collect cheek!"

Innit, sorry, pretty sure i've danced this dance before as well :-\
I need my desktop background to be some text saying "have you tried
re-installing gambas first? :)

> Does that mean I can now clone it again from your gitlab, cause it
> looks interesting.

Sure, I've fixed the file duplicates so all should be good now.

It's coolest feature is the keystroke macro recorder,  recording keystroke
events and play them back. (spent ages on that and it's still far from
perfect)
(it's not great with QT if using F3 to search text in a macro, gtk will do
the search at the time F3 is pressed in the macro but QT only does the
search at the end of all the macro keystrokes , so only works if you make
your macro so Search is the last keystroke)

Really wish Gambas had a keystroke recorder, such a useful thing (i just
had to make one)

I also emulated Pluma's External tools plugin as that's also a really
useful feature.
Wishing well
BruceS