[Gambas-user] something's broken (do not know what)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:32:58 CEST 2021

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 at 18:19, bb <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2021-07-12 at 17:54 +0100, Bruce Steers wrote:
> >
> > I've now fixed the gitlab duplicates and still have a program that
> > won't load files any more :(
> >
> > the scripted-newgambas (uses gtk webview) branch has a version that
> > has not been updated for a long time and no folders for duplicates ,
> > that won't load a file now either :(
> >
> > Cheers
> > BruceS
> >

> Guessing, after looking at the code for <3 minutes either
> * you have a non-terminating recursive call somewhere?
> * look at TimerCursor_Timer() - it seems to spend a lot of time there?
>
> Try running it with the profiler, that might shed a bit of light.

Cheers dude , i tried the profiler, it didn't give any hints even after
letting it hang for a while.

I'm pretty sure "I" don't have an eternally recursive call
TimerCursor_Timer() isn't one of my functions it's part of gb.form.editor.

It runs okay with QT just not gtk and it worked okay the other day. the
editor app is my default text viewer so i use it a lot.

I suspect a recent gtk changing commit.
Cheers
BruceS