[Gambas-user] Telegram Bot Library

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 17:26:59 CEST 2021

On 7/4/21 8:55 AM, Brian G wrote:
> I don't know about gambas, but there is a c++ library
>
> https://github.com/reo7sp/tgbot-cpp
>
> Can that be called directly from gambas?
>
> --
> Thanks
> Brian G

They call it a library, but it's more of a class definition designed for instantiation of an object and subsequent execution of
methods of that object; not a actual library with externally callable functions. That is also true of the other C/C++
(so-called) libraries I looked at.

John, if you're averse to coding in VB and would prefer Gambas, you could just code against the HTTP-based Telegram Bot API
directly. There are only 54 methods, and the call format is quite simple:
https://api.telegram.org/bot<token>/METHOD_NAME
(https://core.telegram.org/bots/api#making-requests)

It should be relatively easy to convert the response to a collection using JSON.Decode from the gb.util.web component.

--
Lee