[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.16.1, package creation and dependencies

Cam Era cybercamera at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 12:15:56 CEST 2021

Greetings all.

Can someone point me in the direction of any documentation which covers the
areas of application package creation, specifically with respect to
specifying package dependencies which are older than 3.16.1 runtimes.
Searching has failed to locate this information.

(By way of background, I had a situation recently where I shipped Ubuntu
DEBs to a user, who had no luck installing them, because they had been
built with Gambas 3.16.1, and the packages requested from the package
management installer weren't available from the current Ubuntu repo.
Getting them to add the current Gambas PPA fixed the problem, but if
possible, I'd prefer to nominate the dependency versions directly.
Obviously, this would work out-of-the-box if I was running the version of
Gambas from the current Ubuntu repos, but I'd prefer to run a more recent
version if possible.)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.