[Gambas-user] Question about TextEdit

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Fri Jul 2 08:19:45 CEST 2021

Am 30.06.21 um 21:25 schrieb Bruce Steers:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 at 16:50, Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-sse at osnanet.de
> <mailto:rwe-sse at osnanet.de>> wrote:
>
>     Some day in March I last tried around some features in one of my
>     applications. I do not remember why, but I switched off gb.qt4.ext or
>     gb.qt5.ext and changed it to gb.gui.
>
>     Here the TextEdit is missing. I would need it in one dialog, so now I
>     changed back to gb.qt5 and gb.qt5.ext.
>
>     There are a lot of small texts (notes) which have been made with
>     TextEdit, and it would be a shame if it missing in future.
>
>     Can you imagine why I switched? I cannot remember. Maybe I wanted to
>     try
>     something else, but I vaguely remember there was something about Editor
>     or TextEdit, respectively.
>
>     If it is that TextEdit is no longer supported in future, how to convert
>     already saved texts from RichText to Text?
>
>     Thanks so much for your help.
>
>     Rolf
>

> If you just want to display richtext and not edit it you can use a TextLabel
>
> BruceS

Yes I know, but as I said it is a note field, so there is editing.

Over the years, however, it has come out that I do not use the RichText
features in those notes, so it might be possible to switch to the
simpler TextArea here. I would need some kind of filter though to
convert the existing RichTexts into simple texts.

Regards
Rolf