[Gambas-user] Me.Close not working as expected

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 21:08:20 CEST 2021

On Thu, 2021-07-01 at 20:01 +0200, Tobias Boege via User wrote:
> Finally, my advice would be to use
>

>   Me.Close()
>
>   Return
>

> if you want the closing to take place as soon as possible.
or just don't put anything after the Me.Close().

Which is what "we" all normally do and is probably why "we" expect that
Me.Close() is the same as "exit the program".

As you say, this (Brian's code) is expected behaviour. But just to
finish off this topic (and I think you have alluded to some of these):

	The program will loop then while:
	There is a Process that runs.
	There is a Timer that is enabled.
	There is a File that is watched.
	There is at least one toplevel Window that was created.

( That is straight from ^cat*eventloop. )

Notice that last sentence, particularly "at least one" and "was
created" and note that it doesn't say "The main toplevel Window is no
longer visible." even if your brains "insist" that is what it says. :-)

Anyway, that is why I keep harping on about this "read every word"
business.

cheers all! (my coffee is ready)