[Gambas-user] Persistent clipboard?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 22:39:38 CET 2021

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021, 17:24 Benoît Minisini, <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 30/01/2021 à 18:13, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> > I have just looked for a few seconds, and found -twelve- different
> > clipboard managers, each one having different features, bugs, and
> > limitations...
> >

> Did I mention that they probably don't work on Wayland...
>
> Here is a tool that copy/paste on Wayland from the command-line in just
> 3,470 lines of code: https://github.com/bugaevc/wl-clipboard
>
> Good Lord...

Wow 😯

My hack was like 30 chars 😉

I'm still thinking gambas may have a way.
Maybe a function that launches a separate process as a daemon or something
till its contents are read or the available clipboard contents change?

I can dream,  certainly something I want in my apps so I'm going to look
into it some more.

Cheers Ben.
BruceS