[Gambas-user] ODBC - unable to fetch row

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at Fen-Net.de
Sat Jan 30 15:28:21 CET 2021

Am Samstag, den 30.01.2021, 11:31 +0000 schrieb KKing:
> Hi Charlie,
>
> the subject "ODBC - unable to fetch row" is specific to trying to
> use
> unixODBC+mdbtools which @zxMarce has confirmed.
>
> the quoted text from @PICCORO is relating to a separate test I did
> with
> sqlite (not MS SQL) that got past the .exec statement (that mdbtools
> fails on) but when trying to check the number of records or to loop
> through result via gb.odbc it reports there is only 1 record where
> as
> the unixodbc isql utility (that effectively should be what the
> gb.odbc
> call should be doing) is providing the expected 1,000 records.
>
> So I'm not entirely sure what you are saying ... is it that with MS
> SQL
> and a non unixodbc? driver it is works for you?
> K.

Yes, I use for this Tests 'Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server'

For your problem, end 1999 we linked the tables from a Access MDB to an
MS-SQLServer (think 7.0 at that time) and that worked fine.
But not shure you can still do that, with a SQL-Server on docker

Also you can use mdbtools

and easysoft have an Access ODBC Driver:
https://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc-access-driver/getting-started.html