[Gambas-user] DataComboView: reading rows and columns

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 08:16:47 CET 2021

Il giorno sab 30 gen 2021 alle ore 07:26 Detlef Eberhardt <
detlef.eberhardt at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> No idea how to answer in a mailinglist to Gianluigi post
> https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2021-January/071717.html
>
> Thanks, Gianluigi. I guess this is a sort of workaround. I tried the he
> valuebox type date but it has no properties like table

Excuse the confusion, I have read DataComboView and understood DateChooser,
hence my first answer.
DataComboView is a special component which relies on the connections made
by the IDE end on container DataSource.
Right click on Connections> New Connection, Name = Connection1, Type =
SQLite, Path click on the button with the dots, Database = click on the
button on the right.
NOTE: At this stage the database must be inserted into the application in a
separate folder (eg Database) in Data, at the end you will have to copy it
outside the application.

When I talk about Table and Colums properties I am referring to
DataComboView.

Regards
Gianluigi