[Gambas-user] PPA for Raspberry Pi OS

jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu
Fri Jan 29 00:55:44 CET 2021

January 27, 2021 11:02 AM, "Benoît Minisini" <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 27/01/2021 à 16:55, Bruce Steers a écrit :
>
>> wait what?!
>> I was under the impression PPA was Ubuntu only not Debian?
>>
>> I am sure i have tried it on debian and it didn't work?
>> I will have to try again..
>> BruceS
>
> The PPA won't, but I think the packages work. Of course I didn't test.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

For testing sakes, I just tried adding the gambas3 'focal' ppa repo to the sources.list on a Debian buster container and it seems to work correctly as far as 'apt update' and 'apt-cache policy gambas3' are concerned, but
when you try 'apt install gambas3', you get unmet dependencies all across the board. If you try with the 'bionic' ppa, you get further along, but there are still unmet dependencies that cause these packages to fail:

gambas3-gb-gtk-opengl
gambas3-gb-mysql
gambas3-gb-opengl-glsl
gambas3-gb-opengl-glu
gambas3-gb-qt4-opengl
gambas3-gb-opengl-sge
gambas3-gb-pdf
gambas3-gb-sdl
gambas3-gb-v4l
gambas3-gb-desktop-gnome-keyring

If you don't need any of those, you might try it out (I can't actually go through with the install on a container because it would want to install a full GUI desktop), otherwise, until someone can build actual Debian packages, you will need to compile gambas3 yourself.

Regards,
Joe1962