[Gambas-user] PPA for Raspberry Pi OS

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:06:21 CET 2021

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 at 02:44, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been poking around the launchpad site and cannot find a way to
> download the packages as one file.
> but i did see you can download all the packages individually.
>
> I could probably write a script to read the launchpad page and get and
> install all the .deb files.
>

> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 at 16:02, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 27/01/2021 à 16:55, Bruce Steers a écrit :
>> >
>> > wait what?!
>> > I was under the impression PPA was Ubuntu only not Debian?
>> >
>> > I am sure i have tried it on debian and it didn't work?
>> > I will have to try again..
>> > BruceS
>> >

>> The PPA won't, but I think the packages work. Of course I didn't test.

I made a script for debian/raspbian. (hopefully attached)
what it does...
Lets you select Stable or Daily build. (default is Daily)
Lets you select amd64 or armhf (default if amd64)
Reads launchpad page and gets latest PPA path.
Makes a folder in $HOME and downloads all the packages into it.

So far so good but now the problem...
I tried to run *dpkg -i -R /sourcefolder*
It cannot install.  mostly the packages complain that other gambas packages
have not been installed yet.

I Need to now if there is a specific order that the packages need to be
installed in.
and if there is a way to get dpkg to auto install any other missing
dependencies.

or if apt might do better?
How does the PPA site do it for Ubuntu?
Any advice appreciated, hopefully not much else involved in making a
working PPA installer for debian based OSs.

BruceS