[Gambas-user] To Benoit, windows decorator

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:00:54 CET 2021

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 13:45, Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok thank you for the try
>
> Le sam. 23 janv. 2021 à 18:50, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> a écrit
> :

> > > Yes, it should be possible.
> > >

> > I tried with Qt on KDE, but it seems that the flags that configure the
> > window titlebar and buttons have no effect at all.
> >
> > So at the moment it's apparently not possible...

EVERYTHING is possible in the wonderful world of Gambas ! ;)   hehe

Hows about something like

* Window.FakeTitle as Boolean = False*
If set to true Gambas creates a borderless window with a fake title bar
with mouse drag-move events

Or even better a new window object that does a similar thing making it's
own titlebar
Maybe CustomWindow or something with full control of the titlebar and the
buttons you want?

I'd pay cash for MinimumWidth & MinimumHeight properties on a form ;)

i might look into it myself. see if i can make and it is worth making a
custom window class.

I could make a bunch of hacks that you guys can turn into proper code ;) 😂

All the best
BruceS