[Gambas-user] Terminal text reflow

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 20:24:49 CET 2021

Le 16/01/2021 à 19:44, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> Do iiiiiit 😉
>
> What's the revision shift most about? Wayland?
>
> I could start using wayland and get bug hunting. Do you need that?
> Anything you need to help (priority tasks) just ask.
>

> 3.15 rocks now 😊 I first joined you folks on 3.15 and to be honest I
> had much to moan about. But now far more to celebrate.
> Great work Ben.
> Truly a work of art.

I don't think it's possible to make Gambas work correctly on Wayland
now, as Wayland support is not yet finished in KDE, Qt, and Gnome window
mangager (GTK+ 3.0 seems to be ok, but I won't rely on that).

At least it does not crash anymore, so you can run the Gambas 3 IDE on
Wayland if you really want.

Moreover, gb.desktop only supports X11 at the moment. I will try to make
a Wayland/X11 plugin system so that gb.desktop could run on wayland.

But again I think I won't have the time to implement the Wayland plugin,
as I don't know how to do with Wayland windows all the things we can do
with X11 windows.

Benoît Minisini