[Gambas-user] TextEdit control has disappeared

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Fri Jan 15 23:11:28 CET 2021

Am 15.01.21 um 21:57 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 15/01/2021 à 21:44, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> In a dialog of one of my projects, there has been a TextEdit control
>> to enable the user to type in RichText and save/reload it.
>>
>> I made a new install in a new Kubuntu 20.04 (from the team repos),
>> and now the project refuses to load the class for the dialog because
>> there is no TextEdit control anymore. :-/
>>
>> How can I load the dialog's form to replace the control?
>>
>> Or better, how can I get that control back?
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Rolf
>>

> The TextEdit control is still present, in 'gb.qt4.ext' or 'gb.qt5.ext'
> components.
>
> Regards,

Ah ok, the .ext components are missing. I remember we had this topic
last week or the week before, should be able to find the thread.

But I wonder why there are libraries left out anyway. When I say "apt
install gambas" I would expect everything to be installed in one go. And
if not, there should be an easy-to-find hint (from the Gambas IDE in the
Components part of Options, or from the wiki) how the packages are named
(such as "to install this component, use apt install gambas-packagename").

Regards

Rolf