[Gambas-user] gb.disk

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 00:32:13 CET 2021

Le sam. 2 janv. 2021 à 21:53, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Le 02/01/2021 à 21:41, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
> > This is a small class based on udisk2 dbus that allow to display disks
> > (blocks) and related info to their drive.
> >
> > I've voluntary reduced the number of infos to those I think needed but
> > maybe there is alway too many.
> >
> > then I want to integrate that to the gambas tree and add the view part
> > to gambas form to be able to navigate on sd or usb thumb drive from
> > gambas dialogs.
> >

> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
> >

> You must be aware that 'gb.dbus' is not necessarily available, and so
> the directory controls must adapt.

Maybe I need to add a thing based on lsblk for the case where dbus is
not available ?

Well after all I think I must to re-write the class with less things
but more accurate to what I want to do.

Less properties and more easy to overdrive.
So I can work with the both ways DBus and lsblk/mount and other
devices info on the other hand....And on the need tools for BSD.

The main goal will be to display connected devices, getting their
mount points and  if possible detect when something change
(plug/unplug/mounting). No more.

And some simple functions like Mounting/unmounting.

A Base Class (Blocks) will allow to list the available Blocks
(_Block), and rely them to their devices (_Drive).

What did you think about that Way ?

> --
> Benoît Minisini

Fabien Bodard