[Gambas-user] Sleep and Wait timing accuracy?

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 00:54:31 CET 2021

> The Sleep instruction use the nanosleep() system call until the
> specified time has expired.

Ah, OK of course...
Look at mTest.DoTests line 1485 (attachment).
"Sleep 0.01" should sleep for 10 ms, and anything within 15 and 5 ms is
approved. Sometimes rarely this fails.

This is of course, because my kernel is not running in real time mode. I
think there should be a warning about it in the documentation,
because someone might use Gambas in raspi or similar to control robotics
etc.

> The Wait instruction calls the event loop. Event handlers can block it,
> so you have no guarantee at all on when Wait will return.

This is what I expected of "Wait". So, I'm giving it quite big tolerances
when testing it.

Jussi