[Gambas-user] Issue with ColorChooser

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:11:14 CET 2021

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 18:48, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 23/02/2021 à 19:15, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> > Getting the same problems here.
> >
> > I tried many different ways , still no events triggered.
> >

> It's usually the case with compound controls.
>
> Low-level events do not have necessarily a meaning for compund controls,
> and may not raise at all.
>
> Unless a "proxy" is defined for that compound control (Control.Proxy
> property), so that the low-level events of that proxy are seen as
> low-level events from the outside.
>
> But I'm afraid ColorChooser has no child that could act as a proxy.
> Which one could it be? Maybe the focus in/out could be simulated, I'm
> not sure. But for low-level events...
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

I think this could possibly be a bigger issue Ben.

with the test app i made for Charlie i also added another TextBox and set
up Got and Lost focus handlers.
The TextBox controls did not trigger focus events either
and they are not even in containers
just a From , a ColorChooser and 2 TextBox's
(i just added a CheckBox to further test)

(i'll attach the simple app)

not getting Got or Lost focus on anything

NEW IMPORTANT DISCOVERY...   ( i think important )
If i run gambas as root.
Or if i run it via a link , just like the problem i am having with the IDE
text highlighting

the bug goes away.

all the best.
BruceS