[Gambas-user] TextHighlighting commit

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:34:33 CET 2021

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 20:55, Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> this is interesting. I thought this info may help somehow...
>>
>> I noticed it was not broken on the gambas version i added the custom
>> controls on and discovered it was because I made a link to launch it.
>>
>> This is true......
>> If I launch gambas3.gambas from /usr/bin bug exists
>> If i launch link gambas3 from /usr/bin bug exists
>> if i launch gambas.3.gambas from my gambas source folder the bug exists
>>
>> If i make a link to gambas3.gambas in the source folder and launch it the
>> bug has gone.
>> If i make a new link as root to gambas3.gambas in /usr/bin and launch it
>> the bug has gone.
>>
>> Oddly If i delete link gambas3 and make a new one bug exists ???  lol
>> If i make a new link with a name like gambas33 then gambas loads with tip
>> of the day initial window like 1st time running.
>>
>> If i run gambas in any way as root bug is gone
>>
>> Hope that helps
>>

> Something in the /tmp or in ~/.config/gambas3.
>

> Jussi

whatever it is it's nothing to do with my config.
happening on my Linux mint, Debian, Fedora  and Ubuntu. (basically every os
i have tested it on)

Does it not happen for you Jussi?

Are other folks out there not getting this bug?

Simple quick test..
load a project, find a nice highlighted line , delete the last char and
re-type it.
then just use the arrow keys or mouse to move the cursor.

on my system the line is not getting highlighted until scrolling ,
selecting/unselecting any text, typing any text or deleting any text,
hovering over the
preview bar and off again.

Odd though make a new link or run as root and all works fine? :-\

also when the text does re-highlight it is after a short pause.
it kinda throws my off base as i use the highlighting a lot as a quick code
checker (it does not highlight properly if code mistakes so i know an
error)  now it's not such the quick code checker.

BruceS