[Gambas-user] TextHighlighting commit

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:41:28 CET 2021

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 at 23:57, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 21/02/2021 à 19:44, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > Not so much A file but all files in Gambas IDE texteditor has stopped
> > rendering highlights or formatting the line when only using cursor to
> > move off a line.
>  > ...
>

> Is it better with the last commit?

this is interesting. I thought this info may help somehow...

I noticed it was not broken on the gambas version i added the custom
controls on and discovered it was because I made a link to launch it.

This is true......
If I launch gambas3.gambas from /usr/bin bug exists
If i launch link gambas3 from /usr/bin bug exists
if i launch gambas.3.gambas from my gambas source folder the bug exists

If i make a link to gambas3.gambas in the source folder and launch it the
bug has gone.
If i make a new link as root to gambas3.gambas in /usr/bin and launch it
the bug has gone.

Oddly If i delete link gambas3 and make a new one bug exists ???  lol
If i make a new link with a name like gambas33 then gambas loads with tip
of the day initial window like 1st time running.

If i run gambas in any way as root bug is gone

Hope that helps

BruceS