[Gambas-user] web view control

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:39:38 CET 2021

On 2/19/21 3:39 AM, KKing wrote:
> Is there a web view control (i.e. show html content from a URL or file) in standard "Graphical application" in stock 3.15.2  ?
> Or does it require either
> - GTK or QT base project
> - a component added to project
> - available in a newer version (built form source)

A standard "Graphical application" will use either GTK or Qt depending on your system. There does not appear to be a
webkit/webview compatible with GTK3 for v3.15.2 (I hope I'm wrong). If your system uses Qt, you should still be able to use
gb.qt4.webkit or gb.qt5.webkit.

According to the Wiki, there are now Webview components for v3.16 that are compatible with Qt4, Qt4, and GTK3.

--
Lee