[Gambas-user] How to create a plugin system for your Gambas project

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:43:49 CET 2021

Little thought in the morning:

I'm not sure things are that simple.

The GPL (and derivatives) license allows you to sell the software, not
close it.
Whoever closes the GPL code, in my humble opinion, puts himself in a
position to be sued and have to pay more than he earned.

I do not believe that the chrome operation (and others like it) is
completely legal and even if some companies have rivers of lawyers they are
at risk of retaliation by powerful states...

I believe the difference between making money with open software and
closing open software is huge.

In other words, for example, if I create or have a programmer make a code
with Gambas to sell my goods online, I have the right not to distribute the
code.
But if I distribute the software then I lose this right.

Regards
Gianluigi