[Gambas-user] How to create a plugin system for your Gambas project: a conclusion

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 06:07:39 CET 2021

On 19/2/21 10:17 am, martin cristia wrote:
> So to make something usefull on this matter can we conclude that:
>
> -Gambas itself must be opensource to meet its components licensing
This is not correct. Gambas itself is "open Source" because Benoit
chooses so. As a condition of distrubiting it for use under the GPL he
must also distribute the source code. Which he does. Iy is not his
responsibility, nor does he, distribute external components that are
used by gambas. If he did so then he would have to distribute them under
the conditions of yhe licence concerned, If they were GPL AND HE CHANGED
SOMETHING IN THEM TO SUIT Gambas YHEN HE WOULD HAVE TO DUSTRIBUTE HIS
VERSIONS of that code under GPL.

> -Programs made with Gb not, even if they use those components as they
> are "out there" in the user's HD
Same as the above, if you chose to distribte your program LICENSED FOR
USE UNDER THE GPL then you must meet the responsibilities thereof.
Mainly, You must also make the source code available. If you choose to
distrubute your program under some other agreement or licence then you
are free to do so. Bt for example you cannt use the GPL and not include
the source. Simple.
Se below on "acknowledgements.

> -Olivier can make a pluggin and sell his software, and we all will help him
>
> Go on!

In addition some mentions were made on help from the forum  code from
the forum and support for the development of Gambas. At the very lrast,
no matter how you distribute your programs, I believe that you should
acknowledge the time and contribution of Benoit, the Gambas developers
and the general Gambas community. For example attached is a screenshot
from one of our programs.

regards
bruce
(typing this myself, so [leaseexcuse any mistakes.