[Gambas-user] How to create a plugin system for your Gambas project

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:40:36 CET 2021

Il giorno gio 18 feb 2021 alle ore 22:03 Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> Le 18/02/2021 à 21:55, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> > Benoit chose GPL, so you own the programs you write with Gambas. Sell
> > them, publish, do whatever you please.
> > Even Benoit couldn't stop you (why would he care!? I think Benoit
> > himself writes closed code with Gambas), because of the license.
> >
> > Jussi
> >

> Yes. It's GPL, the GPL it is.
>
> People must just be careful with the license of the underlying libraries
> (Qt do you hear me?). I had to remove a database driver in the past
> because I didn't realize that its license was not compatible with the GPL.
>
> But IANAL at all at all.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Thoughts of the evening:

I'm also not a lawyer and unlike Benoit I'm not even a programmer.

I'm just saying what my amateur thoughts are.

If one actively participates in ML and exchanges (exchange = receive and
dispense) his knowledge with that of others, I don't see why he cannot sell
a program written by him.

It is different if one gets help from others and exploits it commercially
without giving anything in return.

Without forgetting that sometimes certain questions can be illuminating in
themselves.

Regards
Gianluigi