[Gambas-user] Terminal setting questions

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 18:48:30 CET 2021

So I went to migrate one of my ncurses based gambas projects to 3.15.2
on Bullseye Alpha 3 using LXQT via std Debian repos.

It fails with No terminal emulator found, so I went to check / set the
Terminal in the Preferences ... but the list contains
   Konsole
   Gnome terminal
   Mate terminal
   XFCE terminal
   lxterminal
   XTerm

whereas the default terminal (as shown in menu as "QTerminal") is qterminal.

It appears the list is hardcoded in FOption.class
    cmbTerminal.List = [("(Default)"), "Konsole", "Gnome terminal",
"Mate terminal", "XFCE Terminal", "lxterminal", "XTerm"]

Could this (and the browser list) maybe be not hardcoded, but pick up
from some sort of defaults config files that can be more easily tweaked
by hand when needed?

Another curio is that I went to do a screenshot of the options in the
Terminal dropdown and pressed printscreen nothing happens.... while the
dropdown list is visible the printscreen does not invoke the screengrab
function, once you collapse the dropdown the screengrab works as normal
... realise this might be more a LXQT and DM issue than Gambas as such.