[Gambas-user] How to create a plugin system for your Gambas project

martin cristia tercoide at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 21:25:34 CET 2021

Why do we need pluggins? in the GauchoCAD project we considered the use
of them as a way to make a "pro" version of it and sell them. But we
dumped the idea as there are many examples of that kind of software that
prove no use (QCAD comes to mind). The nature of a Gambas made soft is
FOSS, since we need to meet Qt's GPL3 licensing. So a plugin for a
stable program is more the next version of it than an "add on".