[Gambas-user] Gmail Attachment Pipe

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:58:45 CET 2021

On 2/16/21 1:02 PM, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i wrote a small project which packs a file especially for Gmail so that
> it can be attached and sent without Gmail rejecting it:
>
> https://gitlab.com/christhal/gmailpipe
>
> You can pack a 'project.tar.gz' into 'project.tar.gz.gmail.txt' and reverse.
>
> It's also in the software farm. Please try it out and have fun with it.
> If it works we could think about integrating it into the IDE.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

I think it is a sad thing when people have to adapt a software development environment just to mitigate the heavy handedness of
GMailFilter. Unfortunately, I see no other practical solution.

Perhaps the ideal solution would be to utilize a mail client addon to optionally pack on send and unpack on receive. But, alas,
that would certainly be an addon development nightmare.

Then there is the idea of a command line utility (or utilities) that could be added in to the File Manager context-sensitive
menu. But, again, not even close to ideal given the myriad Desktops in use, and it would be an extra step outside of the IDE.

Oh well. Leaving that aside...

Since we strip the first and last lines, the salt could, and I think should, be randomized.

--
Lee