[Gambas-user] Warning popup: “No terminal emulator found”

dahaiou at gmail.com dahaiou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:07:07 CET 2021

Hello,

Thanks for the help a few days ago to get gambas working.

First thing I did was create a console application, taking the stock “Hello World” template,

and adding a couple of bells – whistles to follow soon hopefully. See “CODE” below.

The program works as expected, when compiled and outside the IDE, but whenever

I launch it from within the IDE I get a popup message “No terminal emulator found”.

After simply cancelling the popup it still runs correctly in the IDE, but the popup appears

again, on every execution. It’s a minor nuisance but I’m sure it’s not meant to work that way.

I am guessing it is some kind of easily fixable configuration issue,

but not sure how to go about it.

How can I fix it?

best, Henrik

here’s the code so far:

===========  CODE  ===================

Public Sub Main()

  Dim name As String

  name = "Buster"

  Print "Whaz your name then, eh? ";

  Flush

  Line Input name

  Print "Hello " & name & ". See you made it here too..."

  Print "Bye."

End