[Gambas-user] Settings file - preserver comments

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:02:00 CET 2021

>> No, because the settings file format is internal, and can change at
> >> any moment without notice.
> >>
> >> The fact that it looks like Windows '*.ini' file is a pure coincidence.
> >
> > If comments are not preserved, then why provide for them at all?
> >

> One comment is allowed. Otherwise, you should not suppose anything on
> how Settings stores the data.
>
> Maybe I should have been more clear with that...

I added this to the wiki gb.settings page just above where it goes into
full detail about the format of the settings file.
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.settings?l=enConfiguration File Syntax
Warning:

The information below can be useful but the Settings file syntax is
considered "internal" and is subject to change without notice at any time
so the information is unreliable.
It is recommended to *NOT* access the configuration files directly in your
application as the format may change. Use the Settings.class instead.

Wishing well :)
BruceS