[Gambas-user] Nice, emoticons :)

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:36:06 CET 2021

Le 08/02/2021 à 17:22, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> Loving the emoticons Ben :)
>
> I was playing with an idea the other day that was a way to somehow use
> any string not just ones you manually input to the class.
>
> Eg something like...
>
> Picture["iconsearch:32/devices/harddrive"]
>
> Picture["iconsearch:32/status/image-loading"]
>
> would that be a ball ache  ?
> I think it could save you time in the long run as users would be able to
> just enter custom icon names so you wouldn't have to?
>
> Just a thought :)
> BruceS

No. If you want to access the system icon themes you must implement the
freedesktop.org icon theme standard completely, and that should be done
in the 'gb.desktop' component. Good luck with that!

This standard is partially implemented by the "icon:/" path management
code, and, more important, is totally hidden.

Benoît Minisini