[Gambas-user] Settings file - preserver comments

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:02:52 CET 2021

Top post:

On this subject (to original poster and Benoit)...

I can see advantages (and have wished it before) in being able to set the
Title of the settings file not just at creation but at anytime.
So I have submitted a modification to the Settings.class that will allow
this by simply making a Property called Title.

Then we would not have to create a mySettings object and could just use
Settings.Title. :)
Usefull if you think to add a comment after making many Settings[]
statements
Also a simple bit of code like the following would be good for a timestamp
(yes, i know i could just get the file modification date but there are
other uses, this is just an example)...

*Public Sub Form_Close()  Settings.Title = "Settings last saved on " &
Str(Now)*
*End*

Note: the title only gets saved if there are any actual settings to save in
either case of new Property i submitted or normal method.

All the best
BruceS