[Gambas-user] will manually writing trunk_version.h break anything?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 20:58:08 CET 2021

Hi.

in my gambas simple upgrade utility i have found that the trunk_version.h
file does not get created as the zip source downloads do not contain a .git
folder with any info in it so the makefile cannot get the info to make the
trunk_version.h file.

so upon downloading the source zip my app now also reads the gitlab commit
page and extracts the latest commit hash string and manually creates the
trunk_version.h filef before compile.

So it looks like it would normally...

*#define TRUNK_VERSION "93ef59197 (master)"#define TRUNK_VERSION_GIT 1*

I just wish to know if this file is used for anything else and if i am
likely to break anything doing this?
It seems to work, the compiled files get the hash and branch name added to
their version string as would normally.
Just playing it safe.

Thanks for any info.
BruceS