[Gambas-user] http component is ready but...

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:08:43 CET 2021

And can put on the gambas farm an installation package without the sources?

> Short answer, No
> you know the gambas executable is just an archive of the entire source
> folder yes?
>
> you may be heading towards an answer to your original question that was..
> Why has nobody used gb.net to make a web server?
>
> possibly because there is apache and the like that are full of security
> features.
>
> And is a strong soft, with strong configurations issues, with strong
> memory need,etc...
> I Know that, but, my goal is to made a simple way to make simple program
> communicate on web with simple peoples make it run :)

There are many security features / protocols available.
Proper security (not a quick hack) is not a "simple" thing.
If you want simple way for simple tool then keep it simple.

> And besides,,  who is to trust you ?
> If you close your source so nobody can read it, nobody will use it.
>
> Windows system is not open source, and we can't say "nobody use it" :)

I don't , I don't trust it.
Windows is for the sheep , everybody here knows this, that's why we Linux
instead ;)
You cannot compare Linux to Windows at all.
Windows is completely corporate based so yes, closed source, private code,
copyrites and trust it if you want, make and pay the money.
Linux is open source community based.
If you're thinking , secrecy and maybe make some money then your probably
better off with VisualBasic

who's to say you don't have malicious code in there?

> Me :)
>

> Do you see?
>
> I see that Gambas can't be a solution for soft that need minimum security
> :)

It is if you want to implement "proper" security protocols and not just
hack your way through..  ;)

it's the same everywhere in the Linux world.
The world of open source may not be the world for you my friend.

BruceS