[Gambas-user] http component is ready but...

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:30:58 CET 2021

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 08:34, Olivier Coquet <ocoquet at 3d-phenomen.fr> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I find myself in a dilemma.
>
> My http component is finally ready, I added a hacking detection
> algorithm that works well.
> I would like to distribute it but I found out that the installation
> packages include the sources, except if I distribute the sources, it is
> obvious that any badly intentioned parsonne will have the means to
> bypass this system which will endanger the security of the whole.
>
> My question is the following:
>
> In the installation package of a component, what is the file that is
> essential to install it?
>
> And can put on the gambas farm an installation package without the sources?

Short answer, No
you know the gambas executable is just an archive of the entire source
folder yes?

you may be heading towards an answer to your original question that was..
Why has nobody used gb.net to make a web server?

possibly because there is apache and the like that are full of security
features.

And besides,,  who is to trust you ?
If you close your source so nobody can read it, nobody will use it.
who's to say you don't have malicious code in there?

Do you see?
BruceS