[Gambas-user] Scripter gbs3 Change

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Mon Feb 1 13:35:51 CET 2021

You are right, I was reading too fast :)

My scripts are simple, no functions included, if you mean that. Just
some variables declared, then the program, no diving into functions, no
jumping here and there. Hardly more than a bash script. I cannot post
any of them as they are in the office, and I am mostly in home office
these days. But you will know what I mean... ;)

When I used functions etc., I would not consider this a script anymore.
I would call it a commandline program, such as it is proposed in the
project starting wizard of the IDE. So it is a standard Gambas
application but without any graphics bindings. IMHO a script is
something much more reduced, program text in the scope of one single
main function only.

So I guess I can let my scripts live happily... :)

Regards

Rolf