[Gambas-user] Faster compiler

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:22:37 CET 2021

Le 31/01/2021 à 23:42, Bruce Steers a écrit :

>     Yes. I knew for Linux, but didn't for BSD*. Then I can add a
>     System.CpuCount property!
>

> Nice 😊
> and thank you Brian.
> Maybe even a -j all or -j max or -j auto to use all cores automatically
> could be possible too?
>
> Wishing well
> BruceS

Yes, but it is more complex than that. It's only meaningful if your
tasks only use the CPU.

As soon as you start waiting for I/O with a disk, you should run more
tasks than CPU because there is still something to gain (the time when
your task blocks waiting for I/O).

For example, I usually run one more task than CPU when doing a compilation.

--
Benoît Minisini