[Gambas-user] Gambas Linux Shell - GSH

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Thu Dec 30 17:34:55 CET 2021

In the shell it is possible to do things such as

 if `ls -l | tr [a-z] [A-Z] > $a` = 0 then
    print $a
 else
    echo the command failed
 endif

 from the command line or in a script

or shortcuts such as

tcb Thisfile                       ' Copy this file to the clipboard

!fcb > "thisfile"                  ' copy clipboard to a file
!fcb | tc [a-z] [A-Z] | less       ' pass clipboard contents to a process
!fcb > $a                          ' clipboard To a global variable for use in a script
fromclipboard                      ' just print clipboard to the terminal

browse                             ' Opens a filebrowser in the current directory with no wait
browse /                           ' Opens the file  browser at the root directory

google "New Socks"                 ' Opens the default internet browser search page

for each s as string in $"a{b..f}/filename" ' auto file name expansion and enumeration
    touch {s}
next

"Failure is the key to success;
 each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G