[Gambas-user] Gambas on a PinePhone

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 09:39:55 CET 2021

Le 23/12/2021 à 23:20, James Jordan a écrit :
> I have Gambas running on a PinePhone NOT Pro but mainly a weaker
> processor and camera.  I have a fairly functional setup with call
> dialing and answering written in Gambas.  Browser, calculator, music
> player, weather, map viewer  and news reader all written (badly) in
> Gambas.  The screen resolution is a pain but can be worked around.  I
> compile Gambas on my PineBook Pro using the information I added to the
> wiki several months ago.  You can compile on the phone using the same
> instructions.  The PineBook Pro has the same processor as the PinePhone Pro.
>
> I have not played with it for a few weeks.
>
> Regards,
> -j

I didn't notice that you wrote the answer to my question on the wiki
(how to generate ArchLinux ARM packages). Thanks!

Is it possible to see the source code of your programs? Especially the
call dialing and answering part, as at the moment I have no idea how to
use the specific part of a mobile platform.

By the way, I noticed several GUI problems with Gambas: double-click and
middle-click must be replaced by something else on a touchscreen, and
touch events often do not work as expected on custom contols. Was you
impacted by that?

Benoît Minisini