[Gambas-user] no MouseMove() event on GTK

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 09:32:21 CET 2021

On Tue, 2021-12-21 at 06:13 +0200, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> This is a bug. GTK and Qt should behave in the same way. I bet it is
> again
> due to some GTK oddities.
>
> Jussi

For the sake of neophytes who may read this thread.

This ideal is no longer true. Both the behaviour and visuals of many
controls are no longer the "same" across all GUIs. A quick look at the
ComboBox control can illustrate many differences.

This comment came about because I was trying to come to an
understanding of the event chain for ComboBoxes under the different
GUIs. Here is an extract of my test record.

While the ideal is laudible, I don't see how we can expect the controls
to display and behave "the same" anymore.

Anyway, have a very safe and merry Yule.

p.s. @BruceS, sorry for thread theft!